Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Treasure Island

 

My father, Philip Garfinkel, passed away into the next realm on June 18th 2005 at 2:45 EST. I know he is gone but I think he will come back. I am not accepting this yet. I am almost 44 and in shock. Its been a tough month for our family - not just because of this but because of a whole host of challenging news. It will get better - optimist that I am. This blog will consist of memories I have of my father. My father was a legend to many in the time and town he grew up in. A piece of work some say...! The first idea-memory is to tell you about is my fathers favorite book during his childhood "Treasure Island". I am 44 years old now and have never read "Treasure Island". I wish that my father was alive now so that I could share it with him. So of course thinking about this and the fact that I never shared that with him upsets me. I want to make him smile and tell him I am reading a favorite book from his childhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home