Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Backing Up


I have decided to back up and tell my story. I need to quote Queen Elizabeth the II as this year my family suffered from annus horribilis... A Horrible Year. The phrase came to a wide audience during Queen Elizabeth II's Christmas message in 1992 where she said:

“1992 is not a year I shall look back on with undiluted pleasure. In the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, it has turned out to be an 'annus horribilis’.”.

I want to begin at the beginning so I will tell my tale over a few blog entries.

For us the "new" year did not begin exactly on January 1st 2005. I want to say that it began in September of 2004 when my husband saw a posting for a position at the USDA that fit his skills. We went to Los Angeles during Christmas 2004 and our family was to travel to the Pacific Grove / Monterey, CA area. It rained on the California coast during the entire Christmas holiday. When we returned east it was still raining in California until February! Anyhow, during Christmas we planned a trip to Pacific Grove, Monterey as well as Salinas. We wanted to see the area where my husband was applying for a job and We never made it.

The year was full of preparation, deadlines and waiting, waiting, waiting. During January Scott worked very hard to gather his package of information to send to Washington DC for the position. It was due in February. After it was submitted we waited to hear if he would be chosen for an interview.

Tick, tick, tick…


1 Comments:

Blogger mindy jo said...

I love the astronomical clock!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home